UW Credit Union is hiring a Director of IT Infrastructure Services! As a member of UW Credit Union’s Leadership Team, the Director of IT Infrastructure Services is responsible for overall strategic leadership and tactical delivery of complex technology infrastructure that includes network (WAN, LAN, WLAN), servers/services, voice, video, cloud technologies, secondary data center, as well as other IP based services and technologies.
To be successful in the role, this individual will be strategic, collaborative, and forward thinking. They will partner with various business areas on related initiatives across the organization to prioritize available resources and optimize value to the organization. By being highly organized with strong project management skills, they will drive organizational and departmental objectives. They will provide exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns IT with our business strategies.
If you’re a results-oriented leader, a proactive multi-dimensional partner, and one that thrives in driving progressive change then we want to talk to you!
- Interpret and communicate organizational purpose, critical measures, strategies, and progress as it relates to the department and individual team member goals and success
- Provide timely, ongoing, and consistent direction, performance coaching and honest feedback through dialogs, mid- year snapshots, year-end appraisals, and informal in-the-moment coaching
- Act as a trusted advisor to build and maintain relationships with other credit union leaders and business executives and develop a clear understanding of business needs
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including but not limited to the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support
- Remain current on new technologies and platforms — including mobile, desktop and cloud computing — and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced in the network environment
- As a member of the Leadership Team, participate in strategic planning, annual improvement plans and credit union wide budgeting and resource allocation
Network Infrastructure and Hardware Strategy & Management
- Lead the development of the Infrastructure Services strategy and technical roadmap
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning
- Manage the installation and support of Server software and hardware to ensure consistent standards across the organization
- Manage data, voice, and video communications to all UWCU facilities
- Oversee and manage collaborative conference and training rooms that supports audio and video for a hybrid workforce
- Research, recommend, and prepare a budget of workstation/laptop, server, and network infrastructure components to support UWCU growth needs to enhance and maintain current technology
Oversee Comprehensive Workstation/Laptop and Server Software Strategy & Support
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement workstation/laptop, mobile and video hardware, and applications software for use across the organization including remote workforce
- Capture performance data and interact with management to ensure that service levels are aligned with business requirements
- Continually review the effectiveness of IT delivery and seek to optimize the value of ITSM (IT Service Management) following ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best practices
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation within a CMDB (Configuration Management Database)
- Ensure adherence to and maintenance of accurate and comprehensive network policy and procedure documentation along with change management procedures
- Establish and maintain Service Levels developed throughout Infrastructure Services
- Develop, review, and approve infrastructure policies and procedures that meet all regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in leadership and management positions
- 10+ years of experience working in a medium to large network environment
- Focused network experience with specialty strengths in several of the following areas: Microsoft Windows server, Active Directory, Cisco VoIP, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Exchange server, Cisco network devices, Virtual Desktops & Servers, Hybrid Cloud infrastructures, ITSM & ITIL frameworks
- Experience working with a hybrid and/or remote workforce
Join one of Wisconsin’s premier financial institutions, a National Top Workplace and multi-year recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Wisconsin State Journal’s Top Workplaces, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplaces and receive:
- 26.5 days annual time off
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2.5 weeks paid new child leave
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 11 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- Generous variable bonus reward
- Free bus pass and B-Cycle membership
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans, including domestic partner eligibility
- And more!
UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans, Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a commitment to cultural competence.